by Selwyn Bergman of BMSC-Online
This page summarises what was written in the previous five sections:
- Planning what your website will do, who it will work for, and how it will accomplish this will assist you greatly during the actual development phase of your website.
- Don't hesitate to spend extra time in planning your website as it'll save you some money in the long run.
- Planned websites deliver better results.
- Take care with the technicalities, as they determine what can and cannot be done via your website. Ask for an expert's assistance earlier rather than later.
- Once planned, focus on your website's content and navigation. Regard them as high priority ingredients of your website.
- Make sure that the content of your website is up to scratch – remember: Content is King
- Ensure that the navigation around your website is easy – stick to tried and trusted methods.
- Always be critical about whats on your site, and how its presented – be on constant lookout for things that distract from the messates you want to deliver.
- Ensure that you don't waste too many resources on things that are not needed on your website, and
- Go as far as reasonably possible to ensure that as many people as possible can actually view your website without any hassles.
Comments about this Article
Thanks. I've been designing websites for years now and never saw it like this. www - South Africa
Comment on this Article
We'd love to know what you thought of this article. Please fill out the form below if you'd like to send us your comments.